Friday, May 2, 2008

Unequally Yoked

How do you explain to some one that a believer should not date a non-believer? I have tried to explain that I am not willing to compromise what God has planned for me or wants for me just so I can have a boyfriend or the title of being some ones girlfriend. Because of who I am in Christ that person who is an unbeliever does not have the right to call me his girlfriend. (I will explain that later.) The word states in 2Corinthians6:14 Do not be yoked together with the unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wiskedness have in common? Or wha fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said; "I will live with them and walk among them, and iwill be their God, and they will be my people." 17 " Therefore come out from them and be seperate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." (NIV) Now this does not mean that we cant be friends with them and tell them about God and show them love. It does however mean that we should not date/marry a person that is not saved. There are a lot of people in this world that are good people but without God as their savior their thought process is and should be different from what I or any other Christian thinks. I go back to the lesson we just finished on Wednesday about the Venti Life and how to live the Venti Life and that is to be OBEDIENT. I by no means perfect my for the time I am here on this earth I will through Christ do the best that I can to live an obedient life. I want to experience the VENTI LIFE. John 10:10 I have come that you may have life and that you may have it more abundantly. In the end I pray that we all see what God is saying and why God is saying that we should not be with some one that is not yoked with an unbeliever.

No comments: