Friday, May 16, 2008

My kids are growing up.LOL :-(

In our small groups Wednesday after the message Kaley and I were talking about how tings are quickly closing for the seniors. Wow, I cant believe they are grown. It seems like just yesterday that they entered into the youth. This is the first group that I saw come into the youth and are now graduating. I feel special to have been a part of this and to see each of you grow in so many different ways. (Ok the tears are starting to well up in my eyes) I cant begin to tell you how proud I am of each of you in so many different areas. I have seen excitement in your lives and I have seen disappointment as well but it doesnt end here. You have a life time ahead of you. Continue to allow God to be the focus of your life as well as allow him to guide your decisions. Here is a little something for each of you to read.

Thoughts about each of you:

Trey - Even though you think I dont like (which that is not true) I want you to know that you are such an encouraging person. I have seen you really grow over the last few years and I want you to know how proud I am of you. Keep living for God!

Micah - I have so many memories of you that all I can do is laugh at you. My first encounter with you was my first year at children's camp out in the hot tub and what you said to me. I still laugh to this day. You are very talented with your artistic ability, maybe one day I can tell people I personally know the artist of that picture. I was in awe at the pictures you painted for the easter production. You are so level headed and very laid back; you never let things bother you.

Chelsey - I dont think I have enough space for all that I could say about you. You are very talented with your drama and singing. Keep allowing God to use the gifts he has given you. You have a personality that will allow you to make friends easily where ever you are. Dont ever let someone tell you, you need to change. If there was one thing I could give you for graduation it would be a navigation system so that you wouldnt get lost any more. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the trip to Beal's Outlet. Love Ya!

Kaley - I am so proud of all that you have done and all that you have become. You are such an encouragement to me and you have kept me on my toes. I have enjoyed all these years of you being in my group. I look back and have so many memories of long talks, you and others telling me to move over because the gang is coming in (camp nights). Going to the refrigerator and telling me I have nothing for you to eat and then laughing at Chelsey because she is eating fruit instead of junk. Taking pictures of random things or you trying on clothes and getting me to take the picture. Telling me what I should wear for church. Making fun of me because I take multiple showers a day. I am truly blessed for having you in my group.

Justin - What a genius, I feel sometimes intimidated by you and your intelligence. I know that God has great things planned for you. I see you one day being a pastor, you are gifted with that. You have great ideas for drama and I hope to see them played out one day. Dont let anything or anyone keep you from doing what God has called you to do.

Hannah - You are such an inspiration. I am amazed at the memorization of scripture that you have. I wish I could memorize like that. You are such a wonderful person and you always have a good attitude about yourself and always carry a smile. I wish all the best in your future.

kelsey - Wow, what a beautiful young lady you have become. I remember your first night in the youth, you sat next to Jeff and didnt say a word. You are a very talented and inspiring young lady keep working hard for all that you want in life. A memory that I have of you is you being so gassy,,,,That was probably my second experience with you. You are such a dare devil always willing to try anything. Continue to be courageous. I will miss you!

I love you all as if you were my own. I will pray for you all. I wish you all the best of luck and pray that God will continue to bless each and every one of you. Please know that just because you are going into college and career that I have stopped being there for you, I will always be here for what ever you need. Congratulations.

Love you,
Jenny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will join you in praying for them. Very inspiring post!

KevinConnell said...

Tight work Jenny, thanks for being a loving leader!!!