Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Ok, so I started reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, which by the way is eye opening. I am not much of a reader but I cant put it down. The second chapter was about life being so short and what we are doing with our lives during the short period. I am reminded of several different stories about death and how my heart breaks when I hear about someone dying. Why is death so hard for us (me to deal with)? I guess I understand death and that there are two places you go when you die, thank you God that you loved me enough to send your son so that I could spend eternity with you, are you going to heaven or hell? Such a simple question but yet there are such distorted answers as to where there destination lies and why. I know I am going to heaven because I put my faith and trust in God, the God who created this world, the God you allowed His Son to die a painful, horrific death so that I can be with Him in eternity. Just that last statement sends chills up my spine.What a great example of love. With the stories that I have heard about death I have wondered what God was up to. There are three no four stories of parents loosing a child, I have either read it through someones blog or on the news. I first read a blog about Todd and Angie of which I have never met but my heart broke when I read the story of their daughter dying after spending a very short few hours with them. The next was of Steven Curtis Chapman and his family dealing with the death of their adopted daughter after a tragic accident, a member of my brothers church finally getting to take their premature baby home after weeks of being in the hospital and the baby dieing of SIDS, and now another member of Todd and Angie's family loose their infant. A very close family friend dealing with the lose of both grandparents dieing on the same day. God I dont understand but I trust that you are in control of every situation. I think about Angie and Todd and baby Audrey and how her life and story are touching the lives of others, God is in control, I am amazed at how God would use death to bring salvation.

Yes, I know I started this blog out by talking about a book I am reading and now I am talking about death. Here is the point to this. Our life here on earth is so short like the dash between dates on a tomb. I have to ask myself what kind of legacy will I leave behind. Will people attend my funeral (morbid thought I know) and say wow, she really lived her life for God or will they say nothing. I want my life to count for Christ. May my life leave a lasting impression on the people that knew me. Are you making your life count and for what is it counting for?

For those you reading this that are mourning the lose of a loved one. Please know that I am praying for God peace to be with and may his outstretched arms give you comfort. God is in control of every situation both good and bad and he has a perfect plan that is being played out every second of everyday.

No comments: