Thursday, May 15, 2008

Amazing Grace

Monday evening I had gotten a phone call from my mom regarding some bad news. I was really taken back; I didn't know what to say. When I hung up the phone my heart broke. Jana (Bubba's girl friend) and Lindsay (Jana's sister) had gotten news earlier in the day that both of their grandparents had passed away. Knowing that the grandmother had been dealing with cancer I couldn't believe what I was told. What is murder suicide? I couldn't bring myself to call either one of them because I know how I am and I didn't want to make things worse for them. So, I sent a text and told them that I was here for what ever they needed and that I loved them. The next morning when I got to work I check the news from yesterday to see exactly what happened. I don't want to go into detail about it but it was a murder suicide. My heart sunk, what do you say, how to you comfort. Well, I know that I just needed to show them that I was there for whatever they needed and let them know how much I care for them. Tommy Mallard did the service and it was awesome. God gave him just the right words to say. I believe that if Dennis and Sandy were believers in God then they are in heaven. I can only trust in what God words says.

I don't do well at funerals especially when they play Amazing Grace. Yes, it was played and the only thing that I could think of was Mama (my grandmother) being there to welcome them when they got to heaven. I cried for Jana and Lindsay and the fact that they are dealing with this. I pray that God would give them comfort and peace through all of this. God's grace is amazing and sufficient. I remember what helped me get through the passing of my grandmother and that is "To be absent from the body it to be present with the Lord" I do pray that Jana, Lindsay and their family can find comfort in those words.

No comments: