Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vision

Ok, so I have decided to share the vision that God has given me so that people who know me or read this can be praying for me and with me on this. So here is goes. Last month we took our youth on a weekend retreat "Look" which was to discuss purity. I didnt want to use the same lesson I had done before on this so I wanted some different thoughts. Kevin (PLBC youth pastor) gave me some direction to go in. He told me to talk about image and how we are viewed then he gave me three topics and it all dealt with how we dress, how we are viewed and how God views us. My main vocus was for the girls to see that society should not dictate to us how we should look. God created us and he loves us just the way we are. Of course I went into much greater detail. (maybe one day I will post my notes) So here is where the vision comes into play. After that lesson I was beside myself as to how God moved and showed up for the lesson and took over. It was awesome, I told Kevin I was on a high after that. So, I knew that God wanted to do more with that and said that it would be great if I could share this with my brothers youth in Lake City. Well, the weekend of passion came and the first night I was sitting there I felt as though God was saying Jenny this is what I want for you, a large crowd, you on stage and sharing with women how God views them. My first thought yeah right. Me infront of hundereds of people will never happen much less thousands, no way God. The second night the vision was clear God was telling me and showing me that he wants this message to go further. I dont know if it is me that will be teaching the lesson or me being used to help promote the lesson, not sure but I am open to what ever God wants me to do with this. So, prayerfully I will be updating this blog to share how God is moving this vision. My prayer is that I will not hinder God in this, if it is me that he wants to share this message then by all means God use my mouth to teach this lesson. One more thing, the last night I did see myself standing on the stage infront of the crowd telling them how much God loves them. That was very scary for me. So many things have invisioned my brain on this whole idea. Hear are the others, t-shirt design, band,theme song, traveling, contact people. I am not creative but God is and he is giving me the thoughts to continue this vision. I want to be used by God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes that is what i am talking about.... starting to do a little vision-casting.... boo yah