Monday, April 21, 2008

Discontent

Yesterday I met two friends for lunch and I hadnt seen one of them in a few months. As we were sitting there at lunch discussing what all was happening in our lives Monique asked me why the discontent. I was taken off guard by her statement. Me discontent, no I am good. The more we talked and the more she listened she asked again "Jenny why are you discontent?" I really didnt know what to say because I didnt think I was. I began talking to her about my passion weekend and then briefly started to tell her about the vision God was showing me (but I didnt go into detail yet). She began asking me some question so I finally told her the entire vision. She was speechless as was my other friend Holly who knows that this is way out of my comfort zone. Monique started to tell me how the process was going and what my next steps were, I told her that I didnt know the process or the next step that I was waiting to see what God was going to do next. After we left lunch her comment to me of discontent rang through my head. Am I discontent and why? Maybe it was my tone or that fact that I havent felt 100% since I got home from passion. As I was working out in the yard again I started to pray and ask God if I was discontent and if so then show me why and how to move on. I felt like God was showing me not only during the prayer time but also with Monique and Holly that I was discontent with myself in that I have not been doing anything about the vision that God has given me. Yes, I need to wait on him but He wants us to put the feet to our prayer at times. I am reminded of a conversation I had with my brother and the verse that he gave me was Matthew 7: 7-12 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how t give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law and the prophets."

I will continue to seek God about this and knock and see what doors are open. If God continues to give me this vision then doors will be open in areas that will move this vision into reality

No comments: