Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Notes of the weekend.

I know I have already posted about this past weekend but I really want those that read this to understand how awesome this was.

Friday night: Discussion on theology - what we believe in. What do you believe in? If someone was to ask you to explain your faith could you do with it? We need to know what we believe not what we have been taught. So many people talk about what they were taught when they grew up, this is what my pastor says. People get off the couch and research for yourself and make a stand for what you believe in. I believe God the father created this universe and everything in it, there is no other god but God himself. He himself becam man so that I one day may live in eterniy with him. He bore the sins of the world so that I can be His princess.
There was also talk about being a match for God and that our match needs to be joined to His flame. Let our match burn longer than 5 seconds.

Saturday session 1: Statement - " I can have the biggest and best churc without God" Francis Chan was talking about how he has done tihngs in his church and how it was good and all but it wasnt the way God really wanted it done. Do you get the glory fow what you are doing or for what you do does it glorify God? Think about it for a second, yes we can do good things but who is being glorified you or God. I know that I can do nothing apart from God. I hope and pray that anything and everything I do glorifies God and that people will see Jesus in me. Access the Holy Spirit. It is there but do w always allow it to work.

Two statements that were made that stuck out to me: The spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now lives inside me. I am a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Saturday session 2: Big time trouble. Suffering and hardship can not snuff out God's mission. This goes back to the story about the college girl and her friend she calls fruit cake. She had some problems in her life but then ended up with a room mate that was a christian. By the end of the story the girl had gotten saved but then a few months later was killed in a car accident. Her dad is an anthiest and has now being asking questions about God. Bad situation when your child is killed at the age of 22, absolutely. Can God use that for good, of course. God can use the worse situation and use it for good.

Saturday session 3: Silience is golden was my thought. I wish I had the words to write out for you but I dont. Just think of it like this. You and 9,500 people sitting in an arena reading words of God's love in complete silence. I have never prepared myself for worship or a message like that before. I think I will start doing this from now on. Wait and listen for the still small voice and getting rid of the noise.

I hope you all enjoy.

1 comment:

Aaron Caulder said...

That sums up the weekend....