Monday, April 14, 2008

Passion

Friday a groupd of us headed to Atlanta for Passion. I have experienced this before but a lot smaller group, so I really was excited to see what was going to happen and how God was going to move. Friday evening was the first session. Chris Tomlin lead worship and Louie Giglio was the speaker. He told a story about a young girl that went to UF and lived with the girl she called a fruit cake because she was a Christain. The story went on to talk about her relationships and lack of relationship with God. Fruit cake was a person that did not hold the things she did against her. She was showing God's love to her, how amazing it is to see this being done. At the end of the message I realized that I needed to be out there with people that are lost. Not meaning going to clubs, or anything like that. Just mean that I need to make myself more available to my friends that are lost and show them how much God loves them by not being judgemental, or condemning. I walked away from this night saying how awesome God was and how greatful I was that he spoke to me this way.

Saturday morning service: Franis Chan spoke about the Holy spirit and how it is available to us but do we actually grab hold. I again realize that I have not fully allowed the Holy spirit to work. I had a vision of a few things that I think God is trying to show me about ministry and service and it is blowing my mind. If this is God, wow he is really doing and changing a lot of things about me and what I am use to. Removing my comfort zone and steping out in faith. Later I will share details as to what God is speaking to me about.

Saturday evening we were asked to enter in silence. It was amazing. I tried to reflect back on the past few messages and focus on what God was going to do in that service. At the start of the session there were words that rolled through telling us how much God loves us, how much he cares about us and what he did for us. It was absolutely amazing. 9,500 people sitting in silence and worshipping together. I was blown away. Yes, it brought me to tears. I have a lot to take away from this weekend and I look forward to seeing what God is going to continue to do with what he showed me over the weekend.

God is AWESOME!

No comments: