Thursday, October 2, 2008

Masks we wear!

Last night in youth we started a new series titled Unmasked. Wow, God really spoke. Last night was the mask of denial and that fact that we deny Christ in so many different ways. We deny him by our actions, not taking a stand, being involved in ungodly things, deny the opportunities to share/witness. Looking at Peter he told Jesus that he would never deny him and Peter did, in fact not just once but three times Peter denied Jesus. When I read that I thought what are some things that I said I wouldn't do but in turn did them. Am I wearing the mask of denial, and if so what am I denying? At some point I am sure I am have and will wear one of the masks but I pray that my belief and faith is God so strong that I wont just dwell in my mask but that God will convict me and I will remove the mask and move on. The devil is waiting to destroy us but God says I love you and I have forgiveness for you receive it, remove the mask, get up and live for me.

What mask are you wearing. Are you living a lie denying who you are or who Christ is in your life. God loves you and wants you to live a real life unto Him. Take the mask off be real with God; he is real with us.

No comments: