Thursday, October 9, 2008

Saying I am Sorry

Have you ever had to say you are sorry to some one? Wow, that is hard and the words don't always seem to come easy. I don't know what it has been but the last month maybe more (I just didn't see it yet) I have had a bad attitude and I verbally let every one know what I thought. This past Monday at the leaders meeting Kevin talked to us about the underlying iceberg in our life. (Titanic kind of iceberg) God really broke me Monday. Not only was I seeing things that I needed to change but he also showed me that my words were hurtful and discouraging. "Luke 6:45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." The last part of this verse was an eye opener for me. This was not my heart (the hurtful words) and I didn't want it to be who I was, so God showed me that I needed to apologize and get things right. So, God showed me who I needed to apologize to and man was that hard. I had to get some one to go with me for support but had no idea what I was doing but it helped. I told the person that I was sorry for being rude and the comments that were made. Then I had to go to someone and tell them that I was sorry for making the rude comments in front of them. I did all of this before the evening service started so that when I walked into the youth trailer I would be able to truly worship and I did. It was hard for me to say this but I knew it was something I had to do, I needed to be obedient to what God was showing me, I thankful that I was and that I did. I will say that I felt the release when I was done talking and now I have one more person that I need to have this conversation with, hopefully it will take place on Sunday.

Don't be afraid to tell someone that you are sorry, it is hard but I promise it is better to say I am sorry than to be rude and continue to say mean things. Don't let your heart be overtaken by evil and don't let your mouth spu out hateful words.

No comments: