Thursday, October 2, 2008

Response!

After church last night a student came up to me and asked to speak to me, and of course we went to talk. As we got outside she began to explain to me that she didn't think she was saved. I was excited but nervous at the same time (always scared I will say the wrong thing). The Holy spirit gave me the words to say Praise God for that. By the time we were done talking I told her that I would pray for her and that if she felt lead to pray for her to pray, and so she did. She gave her life to Christ.

So here is some thing that I am taking from this. About a week ago a person made a comment about me that made me question why I teach a Sunday school class and even lead a small group Wednesday nights. I don't really want to repeat the statement because it really isn't worth repeating. But here is where I am with it right now. I love teaching and having a small group. I have learned over the years being involved in ministry (leadership) that people are not going to agree with me and they may not even like me, I am going to get my feelings hurt. This past week I have had this thought running through my head why am I teaching, why do I have a group on Wednesday nights, and then last night God showed me exactly why. Of course some one else could have lead this girl to the Lord but God allowed me the opportunity, and several other opportunities. I am not here to have everyone agree with me; I am here to teach God's word and demonstrate His love to others. This is the gift I have been given by God and feel that this is where I can serve him and others. God is using me and I am not going to let someone not agreeing with me or liking me stop. The only one who has a right to tell me I can't do this any more is a pastor and God. I am going to keep living for Jesus and doing what he has called me to do.

1 comment:

campbellchronicles said...

You are so amazing with the girls! DO NOT let Satan steal your joy! Stay strong and know that people love you and are praying for you!