Monday, October 20, 2008

Tired of being a doormat!

I made this statement to some one this weekend and now I am feeling bad about it. I was frustrated and tired of being used and walked over by certain people (not any one at church). As I was reading some different blogs it hit me, I was full of conviction and remorse for the statement that I had made. Here is what God is trying to tell me. I understand what you are feeling but look at what Jesus went through for you to see the love I have for you. He was spit at, mocked, rejected, denied, cursed at, laughed at, and beaten beyond recognition and you are complaining about being a doormat; being used and walked all over. Listen if this is what you have to deal with for this person to see Christ then suffer through it because my son suffered through much more for you. Well, now that I am feeling smaller than a flea. I have realized that in showing someone Christ I will have to deal with these things and at times much worse. Does it hurt absolutely especially when it comes from someone you love. I am not going to stop what God has called me to do, even if I have to continue to be a doormat. I want this person to get saved if they're not and if they are come back to him and live according to what God's word says we should live. I will get frustrated again I am sure but I know that God has a purpose for me as well as my friend. In the end God will receive all the glory for everything that happens after all he is in control.

No comments: