Monday, October 6, 2008

Crazy Business doesnt equal to anything.

I feel like I am running in circles. I feel like my life is busy, crazy and always on the go. This past weekend I actually had some time to sit a reflect on some things that have taken place. Wow, I really haven't had time to sit and soak things in. A while back I was reading Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. I was over taken by a statement from the book about business. We can be busy doing things for God and miss God completely. We can be so involved in church and on the go and every thing looks good on the outside but in reality you are not where God wants you. I have had conversation with a friend a few times now and all I hear is how much they are doing for others and I hear that things are starting to get a little frustrating for them. They feel like their time with God is redundant and they cant seem to get away from the feeling. I began to ask them some questions about the time they spend with God and what they were reading and things they were praying for. Wow, I was surprised and so were they when they realized that they were rushing through God as much as they were rushing through life. While we were talking I was reminded of the song and verse "Be Still and Know I am God". I told them that there are times when I just sit and listen to God and I don't even say a word. We all need to be still and just spend time with God. He doesn't want the redundant time, or the lets get this over with time, or lets just say I spent time with God time; no God wants quality. He wants to be recognized and worshipped, honored and glorified. I am not having more conversation with them about things that are going on, trying to be an encouraging person in a positive way.

How is your time spent with God? Where is your priority? Are you rushing through life, through God? I have learned the hard way to be still, when God takes hold and shows you that he wants you to be still at times it is not the easiest because we tend to see things that we don't want to see. It is a humbling experience. God is waiting to spend some time with you, open us His word and ask him to show you something new.

No comments: