Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why I was motivated to do what I did!

A while back (over the summer I think) Aaron and Kevin taught lessons on what motivates us. This message has come to my attention and I am asking what motivated what I did. For the past month I have had a friend of mine of my thoughts and I have done nothing about it. For me it is somewhat strange to pick up the phone and call someone that you haven't talked to you a while and say hey. This past weekend was different, I decided that I was going to send them a text and say hello and let them know that I was thinking about them. I am pretty sure they are not a christian and I feel like God was telling me that I needed to break the ice and say hello. I am now questioning my motives. Did I really do this because God told me to, or because of selfish reasons, do I really miss this person, or is there some other reason. There have been hurt words between myself and this person but there is one little comment that keeps playing over in my head that which maybe the motivating factor for me to call. "I wonder what death is like" Wow, this person is not saved and if they are, they are so far from God that maybe this is God's way of bringing them back to him. I don't know, I just know that God has never left me alone and I don't want to leave my friend alone. I don't want to be motivated by the wrong things in life but yet I cant face the thought of someone I know dying without Jesus. I have been forgiven shouldn't I forgive as well. It may not be a good situation but I believe and know that God is in control. I have to pray Proverbs 3:5-6. I need to trust God. I don't want to mention names because I don't know you all reads this blog but I will nick name them J.Z. please pray for them and the opportunity for me to share the love that Christ as shared with me unconditional, non-judgemental love.

Why are we motivated by so many different things? I only want to be motivated by things that will increase His Kingdom and to show off His glory.

No comments: