Monday, September 15, 2008

What to do!

Just now as I let my student out for lunch I walked across the hall to get my and head back to my room when I saw a student that should have been in my room before lunch. (skipping?) Well, he walked by and waved and I called him over. Now let me say that this is a student that has told me he spokes pot but he is trying to quit because he is trying to change his life and of course I am willing to help. So, when he walks over to me I asked him where he had been but he didnt give me a straight anser. His eyes are glassy and red so I tell him to look at me, which he cant do. So I then asked him "why did I just ask you to look at me" he just smiled. I told him that he needed to go home because he was not in the right mind to attend school today. He then told me that it was from earlier this morning. I am shocked but not shocked. I really dont know what to do. The teacher in me says call and turn him in, but the christian in me says I need to help him get clean. This student trusts me and I want him to change because he is able to change and encourage others around him to change as well. I am really stuck as to what to do. I have told the student from day one that there is something special about him. I really want to help him make a difference but at this point I dont know if he really wants the help.

For thos reading this please pray for this student I will give him the name of Mickey. I hope that he will continue to trust me and that I can some how convience him to stop the drugs and get his life right.

1 comment:

Aaron Caulder said...

Keep showing him Christ, that is all you can do. Just know this, that for the rest of that young mans life, he will remember that one teacher in high school that cared. Believe me, he will!!!!