Thursday, September 18, 2008

EW Bible Study

This morning was my first time leading a Bible study at my school and I must say God gave me the idea. At first I couldn't think of any thing so I was going to piggy back off of our Wednesday night topic on prayer. Well, God had some thing different in mind. Last night as Kevin was teaching he was reading out of I Samuel 16 and God said this is what I want you to talk to the students about. so, I did. I started off with a question; Have you ever had the thought, there is no way I can do that, what about everything that I have done, I am not good enough for that yeah right me. Then I read Ch. 16:6-13 about the anointing of David as King. The youngest of his brothers, the smallest of his brothers. I explained that when it comes to what God wants for us he is not concerned with our past, our faults, or lack of faith in ourselves God is concerned with our heart and David's heart was in the right place. I told them that because of who God is in us we are very capable of doing whatever God asks of us. We may be a little hesitant and scared but all we need to do is trust that God is in control and everything will be ok.

We had about students this morning which is about three more than we have had and added one more adult. I must say that God really took me out of my comfort zone for this because it was a male teacher that sat with us this morning. For those of you who know me this is something I normally do not do, but God wanted differently. (scary thought) There was a comment about the male teacher being with baptist and him being Presbyterian, I wanted to say well it is not about the affiliation but who and what we believe in but I didn't. I am so grateful for the opportunity and am looking forward to many more lessons taught and learned.

Remember God is not concerned with the outward appearance but he is concerned about our heart, is your heart right with God?

1 comment:

Bro. Dav said...

Jenny,
I am glad to hear that we do still have some strong teachers who are willing to take a stand for Jesus. I am grateful that you are taking strength in The Lord and putting yourself out there for Him. Keep it up!! What ever He needs to advance His kingdom......