Monday, August 25, 2008

Captivating

So, I am reading CAPTIVATING by John and Stasi Eldredge. This is looking at women and why we do things the way we do. I must say I am just starting chapter three and my eyes have been open to new things. It is amazing to see why God created us the way he did. Not that I have ever asked "God why did you create me to be a women?" but that I see why I desire to be in a relationship, to have the fairy tale dreams, to be apart of an adventure. Here is a quote from the book that all women should grasp hold of " Because she bears the image of. She doesnt have to conjure it, go get it from a salon, have plastic surgery or breast implants. No, beauty is an essence that is given to every woman at her creation." So, I wanted to shout this to the world after I read this. This is exactly what God has been telling me to share to women young and old(er). He created us perfect in His site; we should not care what society says we should look like.

If you struggle with self image both male and female go back a read the quote form the book, God created both male and female in his image. He knew what he was dong when he created us and we do not need this world to tell us we were a mistake, that we are deformed, that we are ugly, we dont fit our body, or what ever the situation is for you. Allow God to be God in your life and He will show you why you were created the way you are. Grab hold of your identity in Christ not a worldly identity.

4 comments:

KevinConnell said...

Great post, God has a future for you in telling young girls of their beauty and self worth as a creation of God!

Anonymous said...

that is big time, what a pewerfol messgae...... keep dreaming

Anonymous said...

Girl, it was good in our conversation on the phone earlier. It was even better the second time!!! Do it up BIG!!! You git this. Love ya!

Saying Grace said...

Thank you for this Jenny. You are setting such a Godly example for our young ladies and old ladies(ha!) to follow. I appreciate you. I,too, am reading this book. Slowly, allowing the concepts to sink in. I have struggled in this area of self esteem. Your post gives us the encouragement we need to be exactly who Christ want us to be.