Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Is Over!

Well, yesterday was our first day back with the students and I must say that it went better than I expected. There is usually something out of the ordinary that happens on the first day of school, but not yesterday; at least not for me. I stood out in the hallways to help students find there way and one student (wont mention names) saw me and the expression on her face was priceless. She really did light up when she saw me, I think only because she new me (not because I am special lol). Then I went to assist another student and when she heard my voice she realized who I was and give me the biggest hug. (No she is not blind she just never looked up) So, after seeing the two of these students it one made my day and two made me really think and pray about how I wanted to make a difference in the lives of our (my) students, not just at work either. I have heard the statement time and time again you cant help everyone, maybe not but I sure an going to try. I have seen some of the worst situations with students and I dont want to add to the pain or frustrations. So, for those who read this please pray for me, the school (Ed White), my students, and the impact God allows me to be in their lives.

Titus 2:7-8 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching who show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech that can not be condemned, so that those who oppose you may may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

I pray that everything I say and do lines up with who I am in Christ and that my students will see Christ in me. Give me the opportunity to share Christ verbally with one or more students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boo yah, thats in ur face. do what u do best which is alot. i will be praying.......