Monday, August 11, 2008

Camp Summary

Ok, I am finally going to blog about camp. It was an amazing week seeing God and how he worked in the lives of our students as well as mine. God is awesome. These are notes that I took so please know that this is how God spoke to me.
FAITH 2 0
Day 1 Kevin taught from John 4:7-14 The woman at the well. 7When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?" 8(His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) 9The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])
10Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
11"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?"
13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
Kevin used the illustration of fresh water and salt water. The world being the salt water and Jesus being the fresh water. Jesus is the living water! Where amd I at with God, am I satisfied or dissatified? The bottle water represents God's vision and the salt water represents my own vision. Stop dreaming little things, God wants to use you for amazing things. Here are some questions that were asked: What does God have for me? How does God want to use me? Do I want the vision God has for me?
God wants to give us our vision for our life but the things we hold on to inhibit us to see that vision. What am I holding on to that keeps me from God's vision for my life? You cant mix the fresh with the salt (old)?
After the session we broke off into small groups and we asked two questions. How do you think God can use you? No limits! what is holding you back?

Day 2 Aaron taught Exodus 15:22-2522 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah. [a] ) 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?"
25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them.

Often times things happen in our life and we dont see God in it at all. In actuallity he is in it from the start. Faith comes from obedience.
It is easy to get caught up in someone else's relationship with God. Continue to sit there and wait and tha tis not what God is wanting us to do. God wants me to tackle the idea of what he is doing and wants to do with my life. Who am I and who am I in Christ? God doesnt intend for me to walk through this life alone. Take ownership of my faith! The situation you are in right now is not the end all.

Day 3 Johnny taught

I didnt take a lot of notes this night because there was one thing that stood out to me above anything else. We are always praying to God to help us through the storm. the first statement that was made am I willing to follow Jesus into a storm. We always tend to stand on the outside but why not follow Him in, especially if that is what He is calling us to do.
Storm creates:
1. uncertainty
2. Fear and anxiety
3. Isolation
4. Opportunity for God to do something incredibl, unimaginable and inexpected.
How to respond in a storm!
1. Expect it.
2. Embace it.
3. Endure it.
True disciples follow Christ.

Ok so I have three more lessons to go through but I am going to stop for now. For those of you who did not know a groupd of people got together for about 6 weeks prior to camp and started praying that God would show up and that He would move. God really answered our prays ten fold. One of the nights I prayed before we started that we would experience the Lord's supper like never before, God also answered that prayer. Students and adults lives were changed. Praise God.

1 comment:

KevinConnell said...

The messages were my FAVORITE part of camp... other than the prayer times!!!!