Monday, August 11, 2008

Not saying goodbye!

Ok, so last night a very dear friend left for seminary. There were so many tears that fell; some in sadness and some that were rejoicing. Mixed emotions. I have learned over the past years that the ministry will bring people into your life and will take them away. I am the type of person that when I make a friend I don't like to let go, but God has taught me that I am not letting go because if God is the Lord of our lives then He will bring us back together. I look at how Aaron reached out to me but mostly the way he pored his life into the students. So here are a few things that I couldn't say the night he left.

Aaron thank you so much for being a friend. You challenged my faith by making me examine what I believe and why I believe it. When I didn't think I could do something you gave me the encouraging words to help me through it. You listened to me when I complained, or was mad; sometimes you responded and sometimes you just listened. I admire the way you were with the students and how much they truly love you. You showed me how to take my faith and the ministry of the youth to another level; in a way you taught me how to get out of the box. I know that our students are going to miss you but the impact that you made in their lives will last a life time. Who ever comes into help will never replace you because you are irreplaceable and I truly mean that. Thank you so much for being a friend and for giving me encouragement and the challenge. You will be missed greatly. May God keep you safe. Praying for you always.

See you soon!

No comments: