Saturday, February 28, 2009

Live Love Conference

Let's start by saying that I always attend student functions as a chaperone thinking how am I going to minister to these students, or how is God going to use me. Every time I have walked away from any youth function I am amazied at how God spoke to me. Here is a recap of the sessions. God is awesome!

Session one: Let me start by saying that I did not hear the entire message because during the worship it was really hot and I felt some what sick so I walked out side to cool off. (weird feeling for me) As I came back in I stood in the back and listened to what Francis Chan was speaking on. Revelation 4:4-6 He was talking about the image of God and how we view God. I walked away thinking that my view that I have developed was not the picture of God that I was getting while I was listening. I had viewed a littler God, and not giving him the credit of just how big, powerful, awesome, merciful and loving he really is. I know that I will never be able to phathum just how glorious God is but I need to continue to strive to see every aspect of God and while doing this my prayer time needs to change. I need to focus more on God and praise him for who is he and less on the request. God knows what I need and has the perfect plan for my life.

Session two: This session started off by giving the illustration of how we live on the ball suspended in the universe. God designed it just so and has the power to do with it what he wants. The number of stars that are out there that can fit thousands of other stars inside that one particular one and here we are these small people living on the earth suspended in the universe. I sat an evaluated my faith in God and my trust in him. There was also this idea of allowing things to distract us from what God wanted to do with us. So, at the end of the session I really asked God to show me more of his plan and vision for my life. I am not going to understand every thing that he wants me to do, but that is ok but he knows what is best for me. I have always been one to say that I want to be with my family and close by them but this was one statement that stuck in my head, "dont stop and say good by to your friends and family just go". How many times have I said to God wait I need to do this first or I can do that because it is too far from my family. No, I pray that is not the response I give any more.

Session three: This last session Francis came out holding his little girl. I was in awe at the illustration of the relationship God wants with me by him holding his daughter. He was standing on this stage holding in his arms his 5 year old duaghter and says, "God desires to have this type of relationship with him" God wants us to crawl up in his lap and put his arms around us and just hold us. More personal God wants to wrap his arms around me and love on me. Some times I need to stop and allow him to hold me and be my daddy (Aba Father). I so loved this thought of just sitting with God in such an intimate way. I need to allow God that kind of time.

The over all weekend was amazing. I have gotten a different vision of God and how I need to allow him to have control. I need to let go of things and let God. I need to pick up my cross and follow him allowing nothing to hold me back. I need to stand every day every minute of the day with my hands open wide saying to God that this is what I have take it and use me. My challenge I surrender every thing trusting that God will guide me, take care of me, love on me and be enough for me.

If you read this I encourage you to check out the book Crazy Love. Also, learn how to live the love the God has called us to Live. Don't be a clanging symbol be sincere and allow God to use your voice to love others. This is a statement that someone said a long time ago "and sometimes use words". Our actions need to live up to what God says.I pray that I will be able to LIVE LOVE!

I could go on and on about this weekend. I hope you get something from what I have writen out. I am so very greatful for the opportunity to attend this conference, I am greatful to be a part of PLUTH and for the experiences God has allowed me to have over the years. I know ministry is not easy and I have learned that my feelings are going to be hurt, people are not always going to agree with what I say or do but if God is in it then I am good. I dont ever want to hold back on what God wants to do with my life.

No comments: