Tuesday, February 3, 2009

History Lesson 1/21

Ok, so I am not a history person. Our Wednesday night service was pretty much a history lesson and I will admit that at first I was somewhat bored. At the end of the message God really spoke to me about making a difference. Here is what God said to me.
Jenny, it doesn't matter what you think you are able to do, I know what I want you to do. Last April I gave you a vision and I am pruning you for it to become a reality. All I want you to do is trust me and allow me to find the right time for all to take place.
I must say I was amazed at how David's history lesson showed me how God wants to use me to make a difference in the lives of women.
Here is a list of the people that David spoke of on Wednesday night:
Ronald Reagan, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Lincoln and I know I am missing someone but these are the ones that stood out to me. Look at the difference that these people made. Once freed slaves, one started the movement of equal rights while another came along to run with it in another way, one helped destroy the Berlin wall. I am sure there are many more people out there that have made a difference in the world but this last one made the biggest difference of all. Jesus christ, a sinless man living in this world facing the temptation we face but never fell to them, gave his life for you and me so that we may live in Heaven one day with him.
Find out how you can make a difference. How does God want to use you? Proverbs 3:4-5 and Phil 4:13 have become a big part of my life because every day I have to trust him and I have to believe that I can do all things through Christ. I just have to allow him to do them.

No comments: