Monday, March 2, 2009

Memories

I had a weird moment yesterday. In conversation two different times I was remind or a past memory that really brought me to tears. I wont go into detail but it really upset me and at times still does. I have often questioned why God would allow me to go through that and feel the pain that I felt. Last night after the conversation I had I was sitting on the couch and was really trying to figure out why this still brought me so much pain. I knew I had gotten over it and was, what I thought, past all of that. I had to stop and pray for a specific person and pray for safety and guidance in their life. Then I had to ask God why I was feeling this again. Here is what God said. I need for you to share your experience so that others will have an idea what to do. If you let them see your pain then maybe they will trust me to let me (God) take care of them. The road I lead them and you down is not going to be easy but trust and know that I (God) am in control and will guide and protect you. You will suffer some painful situations but in the end it will make you stronger and allow you to share what I am doing in and through you.

This morning when I got up I was quickly reminded of this pain and I sat on the edge of my bed and said "God I don't want to feel this any more, remove this from life and let me move on." I know that we go through experiences in life so that we will one day be able to help someone else and those memories can be painful. I have learned a lot from this situation past and present I know that God allowed me to go through all of that so that I would be stronger and trust him more. I am thankful that God allowed me to share this experience with someone else and I hope that they will allow God to guide them in their time of need. We are not promised an easy life with no heart ache but a life promised to eternity if we except and believe in the Son. Trust him and allow him to guide you in this life he has given you.

No comments: