Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week Three of Fasting

Well, I have started my last week of the fast and I must say that God is truly powerful than I have ever given him credit for. For anyone who has ever fasted knows that it is not an easy task, especially when you are me. Over the last two weeks I feel like I have had to explain myself to so many people as to why I can't eat certain things and it has shocked me to see so many people confused as to why I was doing this. I stopped explaining because it became more stressful for me. In conversation with a family member, they told me to end it early because of a family dinner we were having to celebrate birthdays, I thought about it but I couldn't. I knew that God had me doing this for a reason and I couldn't bring myself to end it early. I have seen God in a different light in the last two weeks, I have worshipped differently and more. My QT has been a huge blessing in that he has shown me things I had never seen or understood before. The two things that I have been specifically praying for I know God is working through them and I trust him more.

In this last week, I pray that God would reveal things to me and draw me closer to him. I want to be in full surrender to him never looking back. I want to trust him with every area of my life and know that his will is being done. I want people to look at me and say "she is in love with Jesus!" I want to share the gospel without hesitation. I want to always be content with what God is dong in my life, only striving to be more conformed to Jesus.

No comments: