Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week One of Fasting 1/19-1/26

For several months now I really felt like God was telling me to fast. For the month of December I did a fast from music; I did not listen to music in the car, in my house or while I was outside. This was pretty hard but I was really able to focus on God and really prayed before the day began. I was amazed at how God moved and showed up.
Since then I had really felt like God was telling of I want something bigger, I want more of a sacrifice from you. So, I prayed I felt like a full Daniel fast was what God was asking me to do. Last Monday, January 19 was my first day. I went to the store bought lots of veggies and fruit and I began my fast. I thought it was going to be hard but so far it has not. I am seeing that if I submit to what God wants me to do he will carry me through to the end. I have complete one week and I am really seeking what God is wanting to do with my life. My QT has been a little easier, I am thinking more throughout the day about God and how he can use me at work with my students as well as in many other areas.
There are two things that I have been praying about while I am fasting I am seeing God move in one of the areas. God is awesome! I am learning not to question but to trust and this is a hard concept for me, I have always questioned just about everything. Nothing wrong with that but there comes a time when we have to stop questioning and start trusting.
I have thought about ending my fast early but I really feel that God has brought me this far I should trust that he will continue to help me to the end. I am not looking back only looking forward. Do you have something that God is telling you to do but you are not sure how you are going to do it. Just trust him and he will see you through it. It is amazing to see what God can accomplish.

No comments: