Monday, July 28, 2008

No TV

Ok, so last night at church we did the Lord's supper which was awesome. During that time I was thinking what could I do to really get my focus where it needs to be and be ready for camp. So, this is what I came up with. I watch a lot of tv when there is nothing else to do or the weather is bad; especially when I am going to sleep. I thought I needed the tv to help me fall asleep. Last night when I got home (which was very late) I thought how can I do this, I need something to listen to so that I dont hear the creeks and dogs barking, so I read a little and then turned out the lights and the next thing I know it is 6:30 and the alarm is going off. I did it I went to sleep with no tv last night. I havent really watched tv today went over to my grandfathers while I was breaking from the hard labor I was doing today and the tv was on but didnt pay any attention to it. Pleaes dont mistake this for fasting because I dont consider it to be that. To me that is much more indepth intimate time. I just dont want any distractions before camp and I really want to have a prepared heart. I believe God is going to do great things while we are at camp and maybe this will be something that I need to remove from my life any way and devote more time to God. So, if you are reading this please pray for as we are away at camp. We leave on 8/1 - 8/6. I am so excited as to what God is going to do and how is is going to change lives.

No comments: