Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation Update

Last Sunday while I was on vacation I went to a church that I had heard was really good. (wont mention the name) I walked in and a somewhat early because I wasnt sure where I was going. Once I got inside I found the sanctuary and went in and sat down. I was about 20 minutes early. So I just sat and observed. As I continued to sit and watch the people walk by and to my surprise now one spoke to me, not even the pastor when he walked by. The message was ok and the music was ok. It felt as those the worship leaders were force to lead worship not really heart felt that I noticed. I left dueing the prayer for the offering and as I got to my car I just paused for a moment and thank God for my church. I am happy to attend a church the is friendly and welcoming. I remember my first day at PLBC everyone was very nice and spoke to me. Maybe I needed to attend this church to appreciate where I am and attend church. I have a pastor that has a heart for people and teaches the truth and youth pastor who is awesome and gifted and what he does and allows me to serve in his ministry. Think you are unhappy at a church and want to find something better or different (not that I was doing that please dont misunderstand what I am saying) be very careful about where you go do a little research before you attend. I love my church and my church family.

No comments: