Monday, June 2, 2008

Waiting at Chic-Fil-A

So, the students leave at 11:30 due to finals and I decided that I would go grab lunch from my favorite fast food place Chic-fil-a. As I pull into the parking lot it was pretty busy and the drive through is usually fast so I figured I would just wait in the drive through. So, I am waiting and can't pull up any further than where I was or I would block the people coming out from the drive through line. So I am waiting and while I am waiting I am texting and I see this big black truck pull up beside me and this lady start yelling profanity at me where the **** do you think you are going. Now let me remind you that I can't pull up any further. My first reaction was to yell back, but I didn't. At the time I didn't have any music playing in the car and so I thought I am going to pray for this lady, and so I did. Here is what I prayed, "God let this lady slow down before she ends up in an accident and hurts someone or herself. If she is not saved let her experience who you are." I have never done that before and only God knows why I did that today. I only hope and pray that God would remind me of this more often, especially when I am driving. I know I can be very impatient when in comes to driving, I dont want to be like that any more.

I challenge you with this; someone cuts you off, flips you off, yells at you while driving (in the car with you or not) lift that person up in prayer. It maybe the only time they have been prayed for. Thank you God for allowing me that experience.

No comments: