Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Old Friends

Yesterday I wrote about a child hood friend passing away. Last night I went to the viewing and it was harder than I thought. I tried to fight back the tears but as I was standing there speaking to a lady that worked at the funeral home she began to explain things that I really didnt care to know about and it brought tears to my eyes. Then as I was leaving one of the girls (lady) I see almost every day was coming in and she was having hard time which made it worse for me. I just wanted to go home and sit by myself. I didnt want to talk to any one or even answer the phone. I dont know what else to say other than I am sad for her children, parents, sibling, other family members and friends. The one thing that Jennifer's mother said last night was that she wasnt in any more pain and she was at peace. Those were very comforting words. I knew she was saved but it just made things better to hear that.

Today Oswald's verse was The Never-forsaking God
He Himself has said, ’I will never leave you nor forsake you’ —Hebrews 13:5 I truely find comfort in ths verse because even in times like this I know that God is with me and with those who are mourning the loss of a mother, daughter, sister and friend. I am so grateful that I have a Heavenly Father that is beside me holding my hands during every situation that comes my way.

The Broken Chain
We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly.
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone,
for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories.
Your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you,
you are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the Chain will link again.

No comments: