Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Child Hood Friends

This morning as I am getting dressed (6am) the phone rings and at first I wasnt going to answer it but I thought it must be important for some one to call me that earlier in the morning. So, I answered and it was my Mom, but I didnt think anything of it. Here is what she said; "I have some news for you (pause) Jennifer Ricks passed away" The breathe was removed from my lungs at that point and I didnt know what to do or say. I dont know what happened or any details about this situation. I tried not to cry on the pnone with my mom but as soon as I hung up the phone it was like a river. All I could think about were the things we did as young girls. I played softball with Jennifer and spent a lot of time over at her house. Even though I went to church with my grandmother from time to time Jennifer was the only person (friend) I remember ever inviting me to church. In fact the morning I got saved Jennifer was right beside me. She was a good friend. There was this game that we played on her tramopline call break the egg. We were playing one day and I was holding onto my feet so tight that I was bounced off the trampoline and onto the ground. That hurt but I got right back up. I remember her laughing at me but I acted like it didnt even bother me. We always swam in her pool, and just had a blast together. Good memories of things we did when we were kids. After the memories rushed my thoughts I started to cry more and ask God I dont understand why there is so much death around me. God are you trying to get me to see some thing, do I need to grab hold of you even more, trust you a little more, what is it? I am not upset with God because He has a reason for everything that takes place and is in control of every situation. I find comfort in that. How do I comfort that family, what do I say? Tonight is the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral. I plan on attending both at this point but not 100% sure about going to the funeral. I dont do well at funerals but then again who does. Please pray for the family as this I am sure is a hard time for them.

No comments: