Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Power In Prayer

Don't believe prayer works, here is proof that it does. About three weeks ago Kaylee Daniels (16 year old youth student at PLBC) left for 59 days in the Philippines. This is the first example that God hears and answers prayers. We had been praying that Kaylee would get accepted into the program and she did, then we prayed that God would provide the moneys for the trip and he did. This past Sunday we heard that Kaylee and her teammates were very sick and seemed to be getting worse. Monday night a group of us met and prayed together that they would get better. There was about 13 or so of us there and it was so sweet to hear everyone pray. Even Mom and Dad Daniels were there with us. It was sweet. Today I got a text saying that Kaylee was no longer sick and doing much better and had written a blog. God listens and answers prayers. Praise God Kaylee and most of the team members are better. Please pray for the remaining team member that is still not feeling well. Also, if you are reading this please pray for Kaylee as she will be teaching a True Love Waits lessons this weekend.

God you are awesome, thank you for listening to the cries or your children and helping Kaylees and the other team members get better. Help the other girl to feel better as well. Give them the words to share your love, grace and mercy with others. In Christ name, Amen.

Kaylee if you get to read this I am praying for you. We all miss you but I know God has big things in store for you. I pray that at the end of the trip you will know if God is truly calling you to be a missionary, which personally I think he is. I know you are ready for it. God bless you and keep you safe. Love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, Just wanted you to know that I admire your love and concern for these kids. I love the fact that you care about what they go through and how they feel.
You remember me coming up to you a few weeks ago for advice on how to handle things in the youth as a leader? You said to me, "I don't know what I could do or say to help you." Well, you'd be suprised how much you help me just by watching you do what you are doing with these kids. All of us could learn something from you. I was kinda gun shy after learning the "Youth Function" lesson.
I really do want to be close to these kids and have them trust me as they do you. Thank you for your service and your friendship. It means more to me than you realize, I'm sure.