Monday, April 13, 2009

A new Program

When I graduated from college about 6 years ago I didnt think I would go back and get my masters although I have thought about being a dean (assistant Principal) one day. Cant do one with having a masters degree in Ed Leadership. Back in January I started the process of filling out an application to Saint Leo University which will hold an off site class here at EW. What better opportunity than this to be able to get my masters. I have prayed hard about this and talked with different people on whether or not this was a good idea. Here are the thoughts I have. To advance in education I need to have my masters, it is not so much getting paid more but the fact that I would be able to advance in my role of being a teacher. I after really asking my self why and right an essay about why I wanted to in the Ed Leadership program I realized the contact I would have with a variety of students. Who knows maybe after I get this I wont be cut out to actually do this type of work but I do believe that God has opened the doors for me to further my education. I must say I am very scared about the work that I will have to do and the research that will go with it. I got all the finalization last week about being admitted into the program along with my financial aide information. I was excited but yet wondering why I decided to do this because it is a lot of work. I hope I will be good at this and will finish strong with the work that is needed to be done. I start my classes May 4 with one online class and one actual face to face class. I will have 8 weeks in this class and then I will be off for the summer and start back up in August. I will be done with this program by the summer of 2011. I have searched through all other schools including Florida and UNF and didnt find anything that would work around my schedule the way this one would. I will be in class on Thursday evenings from 5-9 and still be done in 3 years. I am really doing this.

Please if you are reading this I would appreciate your prayers during this time. Here is what I would ask for you to pray about: that I would not be a procrastinator, that I would complete all assignments better than satisfactory, that I would complete this program with a high GPA, that I understand and comprehend every thing that I read and do. Finally, that when it comes time for me to take the Florida Education Leaders Exam that I pass the first time I take it. Also, that through all of the work I dont lose focus of the end goal as well as focus on God. I will be a very busy person during the semester but look forward to the challenge that is before me.

No comments: