Monday, April 6, 2009

Ask and you shall receive

Well, a while ago I blogged about Red Birds. Let me update you on a few things. This last month I feel has been pretty stressful. I really felt alone in such a big world. For a while I was begging God to show me a red bird because I needed to make sure he was still there. Well, days, weeks and over a month had gone by and I hadnt seen the red bird and so I said, "Ok God when I least expect it you will allow me to see one." That is exactly what he did. I had been given some information and I didnt really know what to do with the info or how I should respond but this is what I did. I prayed and asked God to show me how I should respond or react. The very next day I was driving my aunt to pick up her truck and as I drove down my road the in front of me was a red bird. I got goose bumps from head to toe and I was so grateful that God would reveal this to me at such a perfect time. God is amazing and he knows exactly when to show things and allow things to happen.

A quick explanation of the red bird. A while back (several years)I really wanted to make sure that being married and having a family was a desire from God. SO, I prayed and asked God that if this was his plan in my life eventually I wanted to see a red bird. It didnt happen right away but I did see a red bird and I trust that God will provide this. It is a way for me to remember that God is right there with me always and he hears my prayers and requests. I desire to be married and have a family one day but more importantly is that God's will in my life is evident. I praise God every day that I am single because of what God allows me to do. One day God will provde me with a husband and I trust that he has the perfect one already picked out for me.

No comments: