Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blogging Again: Being Thankful

It has been a while since I last blogged but I feel it is time to pick it back up. Blogging is a way of releasing my thoughts, frustrations, concerns and just at times journaling. At times I may even post questions that make you think about different topics.

Since we are a week before Thanksgiving let me start with expressing my gratitude, thankfulness and utmost appreciate for everything in my life. First, God has granted me this life I live with both the good/bad and to be free from so much of what this world offers. He has given me salvation and a promise to one day be in his presence doing what I was designed to do which is worship him. Each and every day is a blessing because he allows me to wake up and start the new day fresh and new. I will continue this each day from now until Thanksgiving.

I am Thankful for loving parents that love and support me in every aspect of life. Even though I am grown and have moved out of the house they still want to feed, clothe and give me shelter. They are parents that even when I mess up they still love me. If I had the option to chose my parents I would have chosen Claire and George but instead God chose them for me. What an awesome job he did giving me my parents.

I am also thankful for my siblings Angie and Tommy. Growing up we may have fought a lot but I think that is what gave us character. Well, at least it gave the strength I needed to stand up for myself. Now that we are older we see things and do things differently. My sister and brother are now close friends. They encourage me, support me, and listen to me.

I am thankful for the rest of my family; aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, in-laws (sister and brother that is) and my niece and nephews. Each and every one of them adds spice to my life.

I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a car that takes me place to place. I am thankful to have a job again doing what I am called to do which is teaching. I am thankful that I teach in a private school where I can pray for, with and over my students. A place where I can teach them how much God loves them and wants to give them eternal life.

To be continued........

No comments: