Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Never Let Go!

Back in June I wrote a post about letting someone very dear to me go and telling them goodbye forever. Well, to this day as much as I have thought about it, I have never been able to bring myself to letting go. I have asked the question of why I can't let go. We go for weeks without talking but when we finally talk, it is like no time has ever passed by. I do believe there is a reason why I have never truly let go completely and why he has never let go either. Here is why.

Do you believe that people have such a connection with someone that they can sense when something is wrong? I do believe that because over the past several years when they have been on my mind it usually means something has happens and when I do talk to them I hear all about what good or bad thing that have happened. This past weekend I had a funeral, which was the second one within a month, and I do not do well at funerals either. After the funeral I get a text asking if I was ok, now I have not talked to them in almost a month and on this day to have them text me meant a lot to me. Now, to me, this proves there is a connection because they sensed something was going on. Once I was able to explain the events that had happened I realized that I didn't say goodbye because we have a connection to each other. I am grateful I didn't because this is a relationship/friendship that will last a life time. I do consider myself to be blessed for having them in my life and for them being there for me. I guess just like in the marriage vows "for better or worse" well I think this should be vows for friendship as well. I have always believe that your spouse should be your best friend, maybe one day this will turn into my spouse and my best friend. He is already my best friend.

I looked up the definition of friend and it described us to a tee, then I looked up the definition of love and although it doesn't fit every aspect of us we do love each other unconditionally and do not hold anything against each other. I accept him just the way he is and he the same with me. Will it turn into a committed relationship, who knows but I do know that it is a life long friend that I will not say goodbye to. I love you and always will. Thank you for who you are and for being my forever friend!

No comments: